Friday, September 18, 2009

How News Media Effects the Entertainment Industry

The topic I chose for my research paper is How News Media Effects the Entertainment Industry. Before I explain what I will be writing about and the approach I am going to take, I figured I'd start off by adding a personal note.

Today, entertainment in whatever form it may come is everywhere. On TV, in magazines and newspapers, on the radio, we are constantly hearing about celebrities and the gossip, movies, music, etc. We all watch TV, we all listen to the radio at some point while driving in our cars or shopping in a store, and yes believe it or not, we all occasionally take a glance at the magazine title of Us Weekly or People. This may be Old Media, but it all becomes New Media once we read it or look it up on the Internet, or socialize about it on Facebook or Twitter.

This is why I thought this would be an interesting topic to research and write about. I am going to talk about how News Media plays such an important role into the Entertainment Industry and how it effects the lives of the entertainers and the viewers/listeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment